Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University
Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University [Photo/nt12320.cn]
Address: No 20, West Temple Road, Nantong
Official website (Chinese): http://www.ahnmc.com
Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University was founded in 1911 by Zhang Jian, the Number One Scholar of the Imperial Exam in the late Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). It is a provincial comprehensive teaching hospital and a medical care center for the middle area of Jiangsu province. It was certified as a Class A, Grade Three hospital by the Chinese Ministry of Health in 1994. It was identified as one of the Network Hospitals of International Emergency Rescue Centers in 1998. The hospital is located at No 20, West Temple Road, Nantong, alongside the Haohe River. It has a beautiful environment and advanced equipment, including 2,016 beds. The hospital covers an area of 91,000 square meters, with a construction area of 153,466 square meters. It has 34 clinical departments, 17 medical and technical departments and 20 research rooms and laboratories.
The hospital's internal medicine and department of surgery are honored as key disciplines in Jiangsu province. The department of hand surgery of this hospital is also a Clinical Medical Research Center of Jiangsu province. The departments of hand surgery, ophthalmology and neurology are key medical disciplines of Jiangsu province. The departments of ophthalmology, general surgery, orthopedics, gastroenterology, hematopathology, cardiovascular medicine, neurology, dermatology and venereology, nephrology, respiratory medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, emergency, imaging, neurosurgery, otorhinolaryngology, cardiothoracic surgery, and oncology are all provincial key clinical disciplines.