Nantong Tongzhou People's Hospital
Founded in August 1950, Nantong Tongzhou People's Hospital is Tongzhou's center for medical care, teaching, research and prevention, and healthcare.
It became the teaching hospital of Nantong University's medical college and Nanjing Medical University in 1994 and 2006. It was rated as a 2A-grade hospital in 1995, and cooperated with the medical college of Canada's Laval University to establish an international tumor consultation and treatment center. In 2007, the hospital became the Tongzhou branch of the Shanghai General Hospital.
The hospital offers 900 patient beds, 18 medical and clinical departments and 28 inpatient wards. It covers 4 hectares and has a floor area of 96,130 square meters.
The hospital's minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery, vaporization prostatectomy, endoscopic sinus surgery and arthroscopy rank at Nantong's leading level. It has a linear accelerator, SCT (spiral computed tomography), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), color Doppler ultrasound, hyperbaric oxygen chamber and a fully automatic biochemical analyzer.
Its departments of orthopedics, otolaryngology, neurology, neurosurgery, oncology and ophthalmology are city key disciplines. Its respiratory medicine, gastroenterology, anesthesiology and urinary surgery are city key construction projects. The rehabilitation medicine department is Nantong's characteristic clinical specialty.